Zero Waste Scotland is running a series of free briefings across Scotland to help businesses understand the new Waste (Scotland) Regulations. These will come into force from January 2014 and will affect all businesses across all sectors in Scotland.
The regulations will require you to separate all waste by paper, metal and glass ready for recycling. There are also requirements on food waste disposal.
Regulation doesn’t have to be a burden, and following the Waste (Scotland) Regulations will not only make your business legally compliant; it also makes commercial sense too, as effective waste management can help your business to:
- Reduce your operating costs.
- Understand why your waste is actually an important resource.
- Improve your organisation’s environmental credentials.
These regulations offer the opportunity for Scotland to lead the way in becoming a nation that makes the most of its resources, maximising the value of unwanted materials to boost our economy and minimise our environmental impact.
Achieving the target set by Scottish Government would create green jobs and could benefit the economy by around £175million.
Delivered by a team of waste management experts, the briefings will cover:
- The legal requirements of the regulations and what businesses must do to comply.
- How effective waste management and resource efficiency can benefit your business and the environment.
- How to negotiate your waste contract to meet the regulatory requirements.
- What support is available and how to access it.
- Case-studies of businesses already getting on board and how they have benefited.
Who should attend?
The business briefings are designed for all waste producing businesses who want to learn more about these compulsory regulations and what it means for their waste management processes.
These briefings are taking place across Scotland.
To find and book on to your local event please click here or email RegulationBriefings@zerowastescotland.org.uk for more information.